As a small business, it's unlikely you'll cruise along the path to success without at least a few bumps in the road.
While some small business struggles will be larger than others, it can be disheartening when you're faced with them, and a hurdle to find the motivation to work hard and make it through.
When this happens, it can be helpful hear words of motivation, especially when they're about persevering and overcoming difficult obstacles.
Below are eleven quotes we hope will inspire you to "dig out your hiking boots" and commit to overcoming potential mountains of adversity. It will not only make you a better small business owner, but a better person as well.
11 Motivational Quotes for Overcoming Small Business Struggles
1. "Pivoting is not the end of the disruption process, but the beginning of the next leg of your journey." ― Jay Samit
2. "Do not judge me by my success. Judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again." - Nelson Mandela
3. "Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right." – Henry Ford
4. "Do something today that your future self will thank you for." - Sean Patrick Flanery
5. "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
6. "Small Business isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s for the brave, the patient, & the persistent. It’s for the overcomer." - Unknown
7. "Never give up. Today is hard. Tomorrow is worse. But the day after tomorrow will be sunshine." — Jack Ma
8. "I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance." — Steve Jobs
9. "And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about." – Haruki Murakami
10. "You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it." - Maya Angelou
And last, but definitely not least:
11. "Just Keep Swimming." 😊 - Dory, Finding Nemo
We hope these quotes inspire you to take the necessary actions needed for your small business to make it through the adversity it may be facing. It's also important to remember that what will work for one small business, may not work for another!
You'll be able to give and receive advice on what problems other small business owners are currently facing and their plan(s) to overcome them, so you can decide if it might be right for your business, too!